In this article, we will see how to create a search engine for blogs (blogs on WordPress, Blogger, Joomla, etc) using expertrec’s blog search
Here are the steps:
- Visit https://cse.expertrec.com/?platform=cse
- Enter the URL for your blog.
- If you have a sitemap, enter your sitemap URL. If you don’t have one you can create your sitemap using Yoast or another sitemap creator. (if you don’t have a sitemap that is fine as well. having a sitemap helps in making sure all your blog’s pages get shown in search results).
- Wait for the crawl to complete.
- Use expertrec’s control panel to edit the look and feel of your blog search engine under the look and feel section.
- Add the search engine code to the top right-hand section of your website.
Here is a screenshot of the blog site search in action