How to create a search engine with expertrec-
Features of expertrec’s search engine-
- Fast autocomplete- Expertrec’s search results load within milliseconds, giving your site users quick and smooth search experience.
- Spelling error tolerance- Corrects spelling mistakes made by users while searching.
- PDF, word, excel indexing- Expertrec’s search engine indexes PDF, word, excel and more file formats so that your site users can search for content within these files.
- Zero ads- We don’t show ads of any kind in our search results.
- 5-minute setup- Are you a non-coder, no issues, you can take live expertrec’s search live easily.
- Crawling behind login pages- Easily index pages that are behind a login.
- Multi-device friendly- Search user interface adjusts automatically to all screen sizes and devices.
- In-built Crawler- Expertrec comes with an inbuilt crawler that periodically indexes content in your site and feeds it to the search engine so that site visitors get up to date content in search results.
Here are the steps-
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.comThis is the link where you will create your search engine.
- Enter your website URL-Enter the complete URL of your website (for example https:/www.expertrec.com
- Enter your sitemap URL- This makes sure no important pages are missed during the crawling process.
- Wait for the crawl to complete-This could take around 1 hour depending on the size of your website.
- Check your demo-While the crawl is running, you can
- Copy-paste the code to your website- Go to the code section and add the code to the head section of all the pages where you want the search to appear in your website.
- In your control panel enable PDF search – Go to crawl ->what to crawl-> file types-> Toggle PDF search to yes-> save changes. If you don’t want PDFs to come in your search engine, turn this off.
That’s it! you have created your search engine.
Go to your demo link and check out how it performs.
Here is a sample demo built on forbes.com data.