How to create a search bar for a website? Creating a search bar for any website can be done in simple HTML. Such methods usually only add a search box to your website, but this will not create any usable search box. For example, your site visitors will be able to see the search box, but they will not be able to find content within your website using the search box. It is like having Google, but not being able to search using it.
Here are some proven methods to create a search bar for any website.
Using Google custom search
- Go to cse.google.com
- Under sites to search, enter your website URL and click on create.
- Under edition, click on get code and copy the code. The code looks similar to the code below.
<script async src="https://cse.google.com/cse.js?cx=003606982592251140240:gnfpjopgjnj"></script> <div class="gcse-search"></div>
- You can click on the look and feel to customize the look and feel of your search bar.
- You can add this code to your website and add the search bar to your website.
Using Expertrec custom search
- Expertrec custom search is a adfree search engine that provides a clean search experience to your site visitors. (Google custom search has ads).
- Go to search bar for website creator.
- Enter your website URL.
- If you have a sitemap, enter the URL.
- Once the crawl completes, add the code to your website and take live.
- Expertrec is a paid search bar for website creators which costs 9$ per month.