Microsoft Azure recommendations API (Microsoft azure cognitive services) has been shut down as of Feb 15th, 2018. If you have been using this service, you might be looking to replace your recommendation engine. Expertrec recommendation engine is a good alternative to Microsoft azure recommendations. This article gives a brief on how to move to Expertrec’s recommendation engine.
Expertrec is a SAAS solution, similar to the Microsoft cognitive services recommendations. Expertrec provides recommendations through a real-time API. These recommendations can be consumed over desktop, mobile, call centers, or in kiosks in your physical stores.
How does the Expertrec recommendation engine work?
Expertrec recommendation engine works by learning from user behavior across your website, mobile, and other channels.
On a high level, two types of recommendations are generated-
- Product to product/ Item to item recommendations (P2P)- This could be recommendations such as customers who viewed this item also viewed, similar products, etc.
- User to product recommendations (U2P)- Recommended for you, recently viewed, etc.
These recommendations evolve in real-time for every individual customer browsing on your website applications.
- Create an account at https://cse.expertrec.com
- Upload your inventory in CSV / JSON format (If you have a feed link (google product feed), you can enter that link as well.
- Map your fields.
- Choose recommendations to be generated. ( VAV, similar products, etc)
- Visit recommendations API page at ( https://expertrec.com/api/#api-reqRecData )
- Integrate into your website or apps.
To create your recommendation engine using expertrec, contact us here
Add Expertrec Search to your website