Microsoft Azure recommendations API (microsoft azure congnitive services) has been shut down as of Feb 15th 2018. If you have been using this service, you might be looking to replace your recommendation engine. Expertrec recommendation engine is a good alternative to microsoft azure recommendations.This article gives a brief on how to move to expertrec’s recommendation engine.
Expertrec is a SAAS solution,similar to the microsoft cognitive services recommendations. Expertrec provides recommendations through a real time API. These recommendations can be consumed over desktop, mobile, call centres or in kiosks in your physical stores.
How does Expertrec recommendation engine work?
Expertrec recommendation engine works by learning from user behavior across your website, mobile and other channels.
On a high level two types of recommendations are generated-
- Product to product/ Item to item recommendations (P2P)- This could be recommendations such as customers who viewed this item also viewed, similar products etc.
- User to product recommendations (U2P)- Recommended for you, recently viewed etc.
These recommendations evolve in real time for every individual customer browsing on your website applications.
High level architecture-
- Create an account at https://cse.expertrec.com
- Upload your inventory in CSV / JSON format (If you have a feed link (google product feed), you can enter that link as well.
- Map your fields.
- Choose recommendations to be generated. ( VAV, similar products etc)
- Visit recommendations API page at ( http://expertrec.com/api/#api-reqRecData )
- Integrate to your website or apps.