Using the Magento 2 search weights tool you can choose what feature of a product has more weightage in search.
For example- If you give more weight to the brand than the product name, a search for “Apple” would retrieve Apple brand products than products that have an apple in the product name.
Here are steps to enable Magento 2 attribute search weights-
- Log in to your Magento 2 admin panel.
- Go to Store-> attributes->Product
- Click on the attribute you want to edit.
- Go to Attribute information->Storefront properties
- Toggle ” use in search ” to yes.
- Choose search weight (1-10). ( 1 is least, 10 is max)
- Click on the save attribute.