Here are simple steps to add google tag manage to Shopify
- Create a google tag manager account https://tagmanager.google.com/.
- If you already have a google tag manager account, go to Admin-> Install Google tag manager
- Copy this code.
- Log in to your Shopify admin panel.
- Go to online store-> themes-> Actions->click on “edit code”.
- Open the theme.liquid file and add the google tag manager code to the head section of this file. (between <head></head>)
- If you are a Shopify plus user, add the google tag manager code to your checkout.liquid file in the <head> section as well.
- There is a second portion to your google tag manager, this has to be added to the theme.liquid and checkout.liquid files in the <body> section.