If your website has a documentation page with a lot of API usage examples, you might want to add a search engine to your documentation page to help site users discover relevant information easily.
If you dont have a good documentation search engine, your website users might have to resort to google search to find relevant information. So adding a good documentation search engine can help in retaining your site users.
In this article, we will see how you can easily add a documentation search engine using expertrec. Here we will use mixmax documentation page as an example and see how we can create a documentation search engine for this website.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com?platform=cse.
- Sign in with your gmail ID.
- Enter the URL for your documentation page.
- Copy paste the code to your website . (get your developer help if needed, for this step)
- That’s it, site search is added to your documentation page.
- If you want to add more URLs to crawl, you can do that by going to crawl-> URLs-> Add or edit URLs
Here is a screen shot of documentation search autocomplete UI.
Here is a screenshot of the documentation search engine search results page-
Check out the demo link- https://www.expertrec.com/documentation-search-engine/