With an increasing number of consumers preferring to order online, it was not surprising that eCommerce is growing as a facet of various economies. The growth of eCommerce in the last few years has been phenomenal. It is estimated that by 2020, the global eCommerce market will be worth $4.5 trillion.
In such a competitive space, you have to provide the best user experience possible. Detailed UX, easy-to-use navigation, and good copy are necessary to succeed online. But one feature is more essential than the rest. And that feature is called a search box, and more than 40% of people said it’s more important than anything else.
Adding a search function to your website is one of the best things for your customers.
Every eCommerce store needs a search bar on its website so that customers can find the right product or information they are trying to find.
The search bar solves two significant problems for first-time browsing customers:
– It provides a more accessible and more user-friendly way for customers to find what they are looking for.
– It provides increased revenue opportunities due to the increased likelihood that the customer will buy from this site as a result of being able to pinpoint exactly what they are looking for.
What do your e-commerce search solutions need?
While it can seem like there are any amount of features you could want for your site, we reckon there are a few essentials that will really set you apart.
- Narrowing down the results: Having thousands of products in your store means you need a service that can offer shoppers what they need and answer their queries quickly and efficiently; intelligent autocomplete isn’t always enough. While the results provided may be close to what you were looking for, you may want a service that can give extra depth when needed. Narrowing options might help them land the perfect one. For example, a user is looking for a mobile phone cover. So just typing the model name won’t be sufficient, you will need to select the color, price range, etc. Hence narrowing down results will help you land the perfect one. Given that this improves their chances of buying something, this is a strategy that many businesses are starting to take seriously.
- Speed: Modern internet users expect a fast result. A slow website will drive customers to a competitor’s site, so optimizing for computational complexity and network latency is recommended by SEO experts.
- The Autocomplete Feature: Autocomplete is an intelligent tool that predicts what you are going to type next based on your previous searches or the words you have already typed into the search bar. Autocomplete is a feature that helps users find what they are looking for by automatically completing the search query. It is a great tool to speed up searches and save time. Type “mobile phone” into the search bar, and you will get back results for “mobile phone under 30,000,” “mobile phone with 12mp camera,” and “mobile phone with 64 GB ram.” This saves a lot of time and ensures that you don’t have to retype your search query repeatedly.
- Relevance: The best e-commerce platforms are designed with global compatibility in mind, so even if you’re crossing time zones, you can purchase what you need. This makes it easier for all your worldwide customers to make purchases 24/7. The best search solution for your eCommerce store should also be highly available and be up-to-date with indexes. It should also be able to scale to cater to the growing catalog size, user count, and content types of your business.
- Have a Search Box Big Enough for Usual Queries: We make your search bar large enough to fit in long strings of text. This prevents customers from running out of space with their searches and having to hit enter, jump to the bottom, and start typing again.
- Analyze your search data for the average length of queries. Adjust your size to fit the average.
- Placing the search bar and making it large enough to be seen will make people more likely to find what they are looking for on your site.
- Consistently Place Your Search Bar On Your Website
Benefits of site search solutions
Shopping at the grocery store can be so infuriating, especially when you’re looking for an item you’ve never seen before. It wastes a lot of time, right? Well, site search is like having a store associate to guide you on your quest for anything and everything! Just use it and it’s super easy.
Makes Users happy with enhanced experience: Consumers often rely on on-site search as a tool to help them find what they’re looking for. These people either know exactly what they’re shopping for or need help finding something that seems vaguely familiar, so it’s vital to make this search process easy and reliable.
A search experience can determine whether or not your users will be able to find what they are looking for on your website. Good quality of experience goes a long way and can often make a customer stay on your site instead of finding the products they’re looking for elsewhere.
Track analytics data to make better decisions: Site search analytics can provide you with valuable insights into your customer’s wants and needs, which helps you to optimize your products and perfect the searchability of your site.
Greater Conversion rates: The biggest chunk of eCommerce site revenue is generated from on-site searches. Providing customers with easy access to products they’re looking for will help them with their purchase decision and increase the number of sales you make.
Make it easier for them by adding features and links to your product pages that can help increase sales numbers. Showing related products on product pages is a great way to do that.
Enjoy the best eCommerce search solution for WordPress with ExpertRec.
ExpertRec is a leading eCommerce search solution provider. ExpertRec offers a wide range of services to help your customers find the best products on your site.
We at ExpertRec have helped many businesses grow their sales by providing them with the best eCommerce search solutions. Our experts have extensive experience in this field and can help you find the perfect solution for your business.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress
- Enter your website URL and initiate a crawl.
- Wait till all site pages of your website have been crawled.
- Download and install the WP fastest site search plugin from here.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/Status and copy your site ID.
- Click on the site search icon in your WordPress admin panel. Copy-paste your API key from inside your WordPress admin panel
- This plugin adds a better-performing search form to your website.
- Subscribe to a paid plan (9 USD per month).
- That’s it, you have added a search form to your Woocommerce site.
1. What is the best site search solution?
AddSearch provides a one-of-a-kind site search solution that not just helps customers locate the product they’re looking for but allows them to take advantage of personalized shopping as well.
The enterprise-level search platform provides the full suite of features and functions that users would need to come up with fast results. It’s scalable, meaning it can accommodate both small businesses as well as larger corporations, as well as freelancers.
2. What is the best search engine for eCommerce?
The best to name would be Searchly. Searchly’s cloud-based engine provides a hassle-free way to add a product search to your website. You don’t have to deal with complicated installation or server management issues, as it can be added in minutes.
3. What makes a good site search?
The key to a robust site search is making it easy for users to find what they need. Users want something that’s both powerful and sleek.
- It’s important that the search box be user-friendly and easy to use.
- In order to succeed, you need to be able to do more than just simply search through your website. That is analyze search data.
- Provide inspiring and helpful results.
- Optimize your mobile experience and make sure that the different ways in which people might try and find a product or resource are well met.
- Make it easy for users by including autocomplete feature
By following these key practices, you will equip your site with a robust site search that allows users to find what they need.