One of the requirements for WordPress is to have a WordPress Plugin for PDF File Search. In this article we will go over one such plugin.
Relevanssi is a type of WordPress search, it operates inside WordPress posts and includes all different types of posts. Therefore, if you are looking forward to having a Relevanssi index in all your PDFs, it needs to be in the posts of WordPress. The procedure is simple. You have to upload the PDF files in the WP Media library, and they turn out to be WP posts with the attachment.
Here is an overview comparing the default search and search from Relavanssi.
Relevanssi is capable of handling posts in various differing formats. The server takes the help of the Apache Tika to work with the files. It gives a broad variety of many supported formats and the most essential is the word documents, office documents and RTF’s.
How can single files be indexed?
The first step is going to the attachment page and get to the media library. Click any attachment and then choose the option called Edit More Details.
This image above is the attachment edit page. You can see the Relevanssi controls. If you want to read the contents, you can choose index attachment contents, after the successful command, the page will reload and you can see an attachment content box, which will display the files. In case of any problem, they will display an error message.
To avoid complications and multiple configurations you can use WP fastest site search plugin by Expertrec
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 15 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!
For more information on WordPress Plugin Search PDF, you can view