Woocommerce Search Not Working
In any eCommerce website, there is no one tool that is more important than the search bar that helps in sales. The real truth is that many eCommerce websites have been trying to get the secret sauce that drives great search experiences on Google. But hardly a few eCommerce websites (including Amazon) have been able to get their search to Google’s level. Statistics have shown a high correlation between people who search and people who buy. This gives a great reason to optimize your eCommerce search engine. To be concise, the search bar is the eye of an eCommerce website.
Here are some simple fixes for WooCommerce search not working issue to be resolved without going into coding –
- Upgrade to the latest version of WordPress from your WordPress admin panel.
- Upgrade your Woocommerce plugin to the latest version.
- If you have any caching plugins, delete the cache and try searching again.
- Usually, themes such as the Sydney, Revo themes could conflict with woocommerce. Change your theme to a default WordPress theme like Twenty nineteen.
- Uninstall plugins and check compatibility with your woocommerce search by enabling one plugin at a time.
Another method is to create your own Woocommerce custom search engine and add it to your website.
- Sign up at Woocommerce search engine.
- Choose your nearest data center.
- Enter your product sitemap URL.
- Now the search engine crawler will begin crawling your website.
- Go to Crawl-> what to crawl-> SitemapCrawl-> what to crawl-> Sitemap and remove unnecessary sitemap URLs. Also, enable crawl only sitemap.
- Go to Install-> code and copy-paste the code to the head section of your Woocommerce website.
- You can now replace your existing Woocommerce search form with this.