In this article, we will see how to create a voice search engine instance for your website in 3 easy steps. Voice search enables site search users to find products by speaking to the search bar. Login to your Expertrec custom search engine, go to the voice …
Voice search allows users to get search results by speaking their query instead of typing words. Natural Language Processing(NLP) is used to process and recognize what the user is saying. NLP is at the stage where it can provide extreme precision in recognizing the voice. Programs such as digital assistants, voice dialing are great examples of voice search.
Future of Voice Search
Is it true that 50% of all searches will be voice searches by 2020, as per comScore? Is Voice search is a new organic search? We will try to explore why it is so important for any eCommerce or online service provider to keep up with user expectations when it comes to the user interacting with your system.
In this new era of digital assistants either it is Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri, Google’s Home or Microsoft’s Cortana the primary way of interaction is through voice. This can be attributed as the biggest reason for their popularity and success as it is more convenient for a user to speak with an assistant than to type.
A rapid increase in numbers of smartphones and other small Internat accessible mobile devices has significantly increased interest in voice search technology.
Is Voice search the future?
- In 2016, Google’s CEO Sundar Pichai at Google IO said that 20% of all searches on Google Android App in the United State are voice searches. This is really a significant figure to take into consideration.
- Yoshua Bengio Researcher at Montreal University, home of the top machine learning scientists stated that voice search will replace text search as speech recognition improves.
- Andrew Ng, Former Chief Scientist, and head at Baidu AI, in an interview with Fast Company, said that “In five years’ time, at least 50% of all searches are going to be either through images or speech. [ September 2014 ]
- Another factor is the accuracy of voice search which Ng predicted up to 95% to 99%. So, He believes that such a high accuracy level of voice recognition will make voice search mainstream.
- Google trends form 2008 – 2016 for queries Navigate Home, Call Mom, Call Dad.
- One out of five consumers has made a purchase through Amazon’s Echo or another digital assistant, per Walker Sands.
Due to the sharp increase in usage of voice search and personal assistants we can says that it is more important than ever to understand how search engines provide answers to questions. It is really important to adapt our marketing strategies to provide answers to queries coming not only from text search but also from voice search.
it’s here today, and consumers are quickly adopting it. When they fall in love with their digital assistant of choice, make sure you’re there, ready to take advantage of the promise voice search and digital assistants can deliver.
Why eCommerce should adopt voice search
- Shopping through voice search is projected to grow to $40 billion yearly by 2022— that’s 20 times of current.
- Voice search is not coming only from smart devices like Google Home, or Amazon’s echo which really not idle for e-commerce, instead a huge chunk of the search is coming from smartphones and desktop devices.
- Google has published a voice search recommendation on how to evaluate and rate a voice search query originated from an electronic device that can understand voice queries from a user.
- Stuart Shaw, Head at Zazzle Media, stated that Amazon enjoyed twice the market share compared to any other competitor. For e-commerce companies, Alexa only heightens the threat—inside and outside the Amazon ecosystem
- Voice search improves user experience drastically – Due to this, search engines like Google are giving higher importance to voice search enabled websites. After all, the primary task of a search engine is to rank websites accurately so users can find the best possible information for their search query. User experience is primary to search engine optimization. Investing in voice search is proven to improve online purchases and revenue.
Options to add a voice search engine to your website.
This method works universally on all websites.
- Go to voice search engine creator.
- Enter your website URL.
- Wait for the crawl to complete.
- Go to voice search settings and enable voice search.
- Here is a voice search demo.