Using the methods metioned below, you will be able to create a magento search autocomplete for magento 1 and magento 2 stores. We will be discussing two methods one using magento search autocomplete plugin the plugin and the other without any plugin.
Magento Search Autocomplete for M1 stores
Using the autocomplete plugin
- Download the autocomplete plugin from Zip file from here.
- Log in to your Admin Panel.
Navigate through System >> Magento Connect >> Magento Connect Manager.
Log in to the Magento Connect Manager with your admin Username and Password.
In the Extension tab >> Click on upload zip file and click proceed.
- Once the extension gets installed, press refresh.
- You will be now able to see the new magento autocomplete plugin similar to the image below.
Magento autocomplete or M2 Stores
- For magento 2 stores, Add the magento autocomplete extension from here.
- go to System>Web Setup Wizard:
- go to System Configuration:
- Input your public access key and private access key, then Save.
- Go To Component Manager: The expertrec extension should now be shown here.
- Click Install.
- Now you will be able to see the autocomplete in your magento 2 store.
Magento search autocomplete using custom search
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com?platform=cse
- Enter your magento 2 wesbite URL
- Enter you magento 2 sitemap URL.
- Wait for crawl to complete.
- Add the search box code to your magento 2 website.
- Upgrade to a paid plan and take live to get a search experience as shown below.