In this article, we will see two methods you can follow to create a google site search bar. Also, don’t forget to read the best search for sites on google sites.
IMPORTANT NOTE!!: Please make sure that your site is live and published before following the steps below.
To publish, login to your google sites search login and click on this publish button
Again, before following the steps below make sure your google site is live. If not, our search engine crawlers will not be able to crawl and index your website pages.
Open your website in an incognito browser and check if it is life. Here is an example of a non-live google site (For which our search will not work).
Method 1– Using ExpertRec custom search engine
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/?platform=cse
- Enter your google site’s website URL.
- Enter your google site’s website URL. (!!!!! do not enter your edit URL for example – https://sites.google.com/s/1lH7Y6QaaxZkii9IELSV_i__pD7wek96j/p/10SjUsqw2dCjTexmps3SXRiRIXy8OmDSS/edit) This is a wrong URL to enter.
- To get the correct URL first publish your site and then go to publish-> view published site
- Now you will get the correct website URL (example- https://sites.google.com/view/muthalis-site/home).
- Choose your nearest data center based on your location.
- Wait for your website crawl to complete.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/code
- Login to your google site login https://sites.google.com/.
- Click on Insert->Embed
- Copy-paste the code from https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/code
- Now, the search bar would be added to your google site’s website.
- However, this method comes with a catch. Google sites will embed the code inside an iframe, so the visible area for the search box, and results will be limited by the size of the iframe. Make sure to drag a large area while adding the code. Alternately, you can make a new page just for search and add the code inside it. Also, note that this is a paid solution with plans starting at $9 per month.