In this article we will see two methods you can create a google sites search bar.
IMPORTANT NOTE !! : Please make sure your site is live and published before following the steps below.
To publish, login to your google sites search login and click on this publish button
Again, before following the steps below make sure your google site is live . If not, our search engine crawlers will not be able to crawl and index your website pages.
Open your website in a incognito browser and check if it is live. Here is a example of non live google site (. For which our search will not work)
Method 1– Using expertrec custom search engine
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/?platform=cse
- Enter your google sites website URL.
- Enter your google sites website URL. (!!!!! do not enter your edit URL for example – https://sites.google.com/s/1lH7Y6QaaxZkii9IELSV_i__pD7wek96j/p/10SjUsqw2dCjTexmps3SXRiRIXy8OmDSS/edit) This is a wrong URL to enter.
- To get the correct URL first publish your site and then go to publish-> view published site
- Now you will get the correct website URL (example- https://sites.google.com/view/muthalis-site/home).
- Choose your nearest data center based on your location.
- Wait for your website crawl to complete.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/code
- Login to your google sites login https://sites.google.com/.
- Click on Insert->Embed
- Copy paste the code from https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/code
- Now search bar would be added to your google sites website.