Here are easy steps to add a google custom search to your Shopify store in 3 easy steps.
Steps to add Google custom search to Shopify
- Go to https://cse.google.com
- Enter your website URL, give a name to your custom search engine.
- Click on create.
- Click on get code and copy the code.
- Now login to your Shopify admin panel.
- Go to Online store-> Themes-> Current theme->Actions-> Edit code
- Use the search files feature, search for theme.liquid .
- Add the google custom search code to the theme.liquid field in the <head> section.
- This will add a google custom search to your Shopify store.
- Google custom search has ads and could result in losing out hard-earned site visitors to competitors. For an ad-free Shopify search engine, sign up for Expertrec custom search engine.