Read this blog on WordPress search custom for more information.
Custom Search plugin adds custom post types, taxonomies, and custom fields to WordPress website search results. A quick and easy way to search everything within custom post types, custom fields, and taxonomies.
Improve your website user experience today!
The WordPress search function is much maligned and there are numerous plugins available to add enhancements but they don’t always provide what you want, especially if you are trying to build a secondary search engine that has specific requirements. Many WordPress superpowers come from its flexible data architecture that allows developers to widely customize their installations with custom post types, taxonomies, and fields. However, when it comes down to its search, WordPress only provides us with a one-field form that often appears inadequate and leads site admins to adopt external search systems, like Google Custom Search, or third-party plugins.
Despite the numerous plugins that will enhance the WordPress search from ordering by relevancy to adding facet searching to including custom fields in the search, there are occasions when any combination of plugins won’t do exactly what you want and you are left with no option but to get your hands dirty and write your own. But there is a simple plugin that can be used to overcome this.
How to add WordPress search custom plugin from ExpertRec
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!
- You can customize the search results page from the ExpertRec dashboard without any coding.