Read Magento 2 setup Elasticsearch for more information.
Using Elasticsearch as your catalog search solution provides the following benefits:
- Quick and advanced searches on products in the catalog
- Support for multiple languages
- Support for stop words and synonyms
- Indexing does not impact customers until reindex is completed
- Accurate, performant, and scalable
- Works well out of the box
- Easy to horizontally scale
- Supports real-time data and analysis
- Can be used as a document-oriented data store
- Applications in framework beyond search, including reporting, personalization, performance, and storage
Install Elasticsearch 6.x
- Log in to your Magento server as a user with root privileges.
- CentOS: Install Elasticsearch 6.x using the Elasticsearch RPM documentation
- Ubuntu: Install Elasticsearch 6.x using the Elasticsearch Ubuntu documentation
- Optionally, configure Elasticsearch as needed. See Configuring Elasticsearch for more information.
- If not already running, start Elasticsearch:
sudo service elasticsearch start
Verify that Elasticsearch is working by entering the following command on the server on which it is running:
curl -XGET ‘<host>:9200/_cat/health?v&pretty’