Read magento 2.3 elasticsearch wildcard query for more information.
Magento being an eCommerce platform needs its search engine to be the most powerful as search is the key to the conversion rate for any website or store. And to provide the best search engine, Magento uses ElasticSearch which is really powerful and works with great accuracy. There are multiple search options available in ElasticSearch like simple search and wildcard search. All of these searches proceed on a dedicated server to provide optimal performance with the great search result.
The wildcard search is a type of search where the customer is allowed to enter a part of the name of the product he or she is searching for and the unknown part is to be kept as asterisks (*). Magento 2.3 elasticsearch wildcard query will help in bringing out more appropriate results even when you are not sure about the product name.
With ElasticSearch, you get to use four different modes of a wildcard search.
- Enabled – In this mode the search is made fully enabled to provide the best result for wildcard searches.
- Enabled at the end – In this mode, the search is made on the basis of the first part of the keyword provided by the customer.
- Enables at the start – In this mode, the search is made on the basis of the last part of the keyword.
- Disabled – If this mode is selected, the customers will not be allowed to search on the basis of a wildcard.
Learn more about it in the Video
Elasticsearch is not quite a readymade solution. Building a search interface from Elasticsearch can be challenging. Hence it is not advisable to plunge into the solution. It takes expertise to successfully scale an Elasticsearch cluster and ensure that it functions seamlessly.
If you want a perfect replacement; you should try Expertrec (at $9 per month).
- It is paid, unlike elastic search.
- It is hosted on the cloud, and you cannot use it if you have sensitive data to search (same with google custom search).
- Quick integration, you can get a working search in 5 minutes.
- It is a turn-key solution, so you don’t need any developer bandwidth to use this.
- It supports multiple file types like pdf, word etc.
Here are steps to create your own custom search that has no search limits.
- Go to expertrec custom search engine.
- Enter your website URL.
- Enter your website sitemap URL (this ensures all your webpages are crawled correctly).
- Wait for the crawl to complete.
- Code to the code section and add it to your website.
- Take live.
In our module, you can set up wildcard, spell … This is not available with
Elasticsearch in Magento 2.3.As I want a customization for fuzzy search result in Mirasvit Search extension, so I
‘m working on Fuzzy Query with Query String Query by … … Magento 2.3.1 adds support for Elasticsearch 6.x, and it is enabled by … From the
Search Engine list, select the correct Elasticsearch version as … … 2.3 Magedelight … The Magento 2 Elastic Search extension by Amasty provides
advanced autocomplete functionality. As a result … The Magento 2 Elasticsearch
extension also supports wildcard search and fallback search.Smile ElasticSuite – Magento 2 merchandising and search engine built on … Due
to the introduction of Multi Source Inventory (MSI) in Magento 2.3.x, we cannot ….
each technical parameters that are used to communicate with ElasticSearch.i am using Elasticsearch of M 2.3.1 … that is if i search with “abc-123” … it should
be something like abc-123* (even wildcard is also not working ) … Possible
duplicate of How to get specific sku product on search in magento 2? … Preconditions Magento Version : CE 2.1.9 ElasticSuite Version : 2.3 … Is there a
way to configure a ‘wildcard search‘ to perform a search query like “*acryl*” … this
one : https://github.com/jprante/elasticsearch-analysis-german.Returns documents that contain terms matching a wildcard pattern. … The
following search returns documents where the user field contains a term that
begins …Naming convention here is very similar to ElasticSearch. For example, if you will
look at XSD file (Search/etc/search_request.xsd) you will see …The Fastest and the Smartest Magento 2 Search: Search by categories, CMS
pages, … Another useful feature is Wildcard search: if you enable this option, your