In this post, we will see how to add a custom search box in wordpress using WP fastest site search plugin.
Here are steps add a custom search box in wordpress
- Login to your wordpress admin panel.
- Install expertrec’s plugin from here- https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-fastest-site-search/
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress
- Login with your gmail id.
- Enter your website URL.
- Enter your sitemap URL (if you don’t have one , create a sitemap using the yoast plugin -it is really easy!).
- Choose your nearest data center.
- Wait for expertrec to crawl and index your website.
- Check out your demo.
- Copy your site API key and past it into your expertrec plugin (in your wordpress admin panel)
- Now the custom search box must have been added to your wordpress site.
- If the plugin method didn’t work, go to the code section inside your wordpress admin panel and add it to your wordpress php code. You could also email the code to your wordpress developer to get this added to your site. The <ci-search><ci-search> adds the search box to your wordpress site whereas the code within <script></script> adds the search functionality (autocomplete, spell correct, image search etc)
- You can edit the look and feel of your wordpress custom search box by going to https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/looknfeel/inputbox and change the attributes without the need for coding.
- The custom search box for wordpress looks similar to the image below