Read this blog on Google custom search without ads for more information.
Custom Search Engine is an ad-supported product that provides similar capabilities to GSS, including the ability to build custom search engines for sites or pages, an image search for your website, and customize the look and feel of search results. There is no paid version of Google Custom Search Engine (CSE).
Google discontinued their paid option of an ad-free custom search engine in April of 2018. That was their quick and easy version, which is now referred to as the “Standard Search Element” version of the Custom Search Engine – free and full of ads. So the only way to use the custom search on your site now is by using their JSON API. The documentation for this is very obscure and using the API is not recommended.
Google CSE remove ads STEPS-
- Log into your Google custom Search from cse.google.com.
- Choose the custom search engine from the drop-down menu (if you have created more than one custom search engine).
- Click the tab.
- Toggle the “Show Ads” option to .
To be eligible for this, you have to be one of the following: Non-profit or Accredited Educational institution or Government agency
An Alternative to Google Custom Search Without Ads
Here we will visit the steps required to add the ExpertRec Custom search engine to your website. This is one of the easiest setup processes of all the available options out there and is highly recommended.
- Navigate to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=cse and signup with your Google ID.
- Enter your website’s URL when prompted. You can select a server location near you and add the URL of your sitemap if you wish to. These will be auto-detected otherwise.
- You can play around with the settings and customize the UI as the crawl runs. Once it is complete, you can check out a fully functional demo before taking the search to your website.
- You can take the search to your website with little to no effort. All you need to do is to paste the code snippet available on the dashboard on your website.
ExpertRec comes with more customization options that you can explore. You can read this article to find a more detailed guide on the installation and configuration.