Read google custom search API pricing for more information.
The Custom Search JSON API lets you develop websites and applications to retrieve and display search results from Google Custom Search programmatically. With this API, you can use RESTful requests to get either web search or image search results in JSON format.
There are two main use cases for Custom Search – you can create a search engine that searches only the contents of one website (site search), or you can create one that focuses on a particular topic from multiple sites. You can use your expertise about a subject to tell Custom Search which websites to search, prioritize, or ignore. Because you know your users well, you can tailor the search engine to their interests.
With Google Custom Search, you can:
- Create custom search engines that search across a specified collection of sites or pages
- Enable image search for your site
- Customize the look and feel of search results, including adding search-as-you-type autocompletion
- Add promotions to your search results
- Leverage structured data on your site to customize search results
- Associate your search engine with your Google AdSense account, so you make money whenever users click ads on your search results pages.